After rumours, Samsung has announced Galaxy Quantum 2 (SM-A826S) in partnership with SK Telecom in South Korea. This is the successor to last year’s Galaxy A Quantum which was introduced as the world’s first 5G smartphone with quantum random number generation (QRNG) chipset. Even this has a QRNG (Quantum Random Number Generator) chipset with the world’s smallest size (2.5 mm wide x 2.5 mm long) like its predecessor.
“The quantum random number generation chipset helps to use security-critical services such as authentication, finance, and messengers more safely by generating unpredictable and unpatterned pure random numbers,” said the company.
It has a 6.7-inch Quad HD+ AMOLED 120Hz Infinity-O Display, Snapdragon 855+, 6GB RAM, 64MP triple rear cameras, 10MP front camera and a 4500mAh battery with 25W superfast charging.
Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 specifications
- 6.7-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Display, 120Hz refresh rate (FHD+ only), up to 1300 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:161.9 x 73.8 x 8.1mm; Weight: 176g
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 comes in White, Gray and Light Violet colours, is priced at 699,600 won (US$ 622 / Rs. 46,940 approx.) and is already available for order in Korea from SK Telecom and will be available from 23rd April. It is expected to be introduced as Galaxy A82 soon for the global markets.