HMD Global has started rolling out Android 11 update for its Nokia 8.1, after it rolled out the update for the Nokia 8.3 5G and Nokia 3.2 recently. The phone was launched running Android Pie back in 2018 and got the Android 10 update in 2019. Android 11 brings lets managing conversations across multiple messaging apps all in one place and Nokia smartphones on Android 11 will reset the permissions of apps that haven’t been used in a while, allowing only recent apps access to personal data.
The Nokia 8.1 Android 11 update V6.190 is 1.53GB in size and brings Android security patch for March 2021. The company has started rolling out the update in first wave of countries that includes
- Hong Kong
10% of these approved markets will receive the update immediately, 50% by April 10th, and on April 12th, 100% of these markets will have received the Android 11 update. It will announce details about Wave 2 of roll-out soon.
- Manage your conversations: Get all your messages in one place
- Bubbles: Chat while multitasking by pinning conversations to your screen
- One-time permissions: Give one-time permissions to apps that need your mic, camera or location
- Google Play system updates: Even more security and privacy fixes sent to your phone, right on Google Play
- Google Security Patch 2021-03