HMD Global has started rolling out Android 11 update for its Nokia 8.3 5G, which makes it the first Nokia phone to get the update. The company back in October said that the phone will get the update in Q4 2020 to Q1 2021. Android 11 brings lets managing conversations across multiple messaging apps all in one place and Nokia smartphones on Android 11 will reset the permissions of apps that haven’t been used in a while, allowing only recent apps access to personal data.
The Nokia 8.3 5G Android 11 update V2.180 brings Android security patch for January 2021. The company has started rolling out the update in first wave of countries that includes Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Macau, Morocco, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Tunisia, UAE, USA and Vietnam. 10% of these approved markets will receive the update immediately, 50% by Feb 5th, and on Feb 7th, 100% of these markets will have received the Android 11 update.
The company already confirmed that Nokia 2.2, Nokia 5.3, Nokia 8.1, Nokia 1.3, Nokia 4.2, Nokia 2.4 and Nokia 3.4 will get the update first in Q1 2021, and the update will continue for older phones in Q2 2020. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Manage your conversations: Get all your messages in one place
- Bubbles: Chat while multitasking by pinning conversations to your screen
- One-time permissions: Give one-time permissions to apps that need your mic, camera or location
- Google Play system updates: Even more security and privacy fixes sent to your phone, right on Google Play
- Google Security Patch 2021-01