OnePlus just launched the OnePlus 9 Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone and the successor to OnePlus 9 Pro in an online event, as it had promised. It has a 6.7-inch Quad HD Fluid E4 AMOLED LTPO display with Smart 120 Hz feature, which automatically matches the refresh rate to
the current user scenario – from as low as 1 Hz (viewing photos or reading text), to 24 Hz (watching movies) even as high as 120 Hz (scrolling) and has 360Hz touch sampling rating.
It has HDR10+, and a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 16-megapixel in-screen camera with Sony IMX471 sensor. The phone has HDR 10+ support, 1300 nits brightness, MEMC, automatic color temperature adjustment, front and back ambient light sensing and more. The phone has a flat Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and has received A+ rating from DisplayMate.
The phone is powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 SoC with built-in 5G NSA / SA, larger vapor chamber and layers of graphite and copper that keep the temperature low when gaming, has up to 12GB of RAM, and runs Android 11 with OxygenOS 11.
The phone has a new Hasselblad Camera for Mobile together with Hasselblad that promises most natural color for a professional-level
photography experience. It has a new 48MP 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 custom sensor, has a 50MP 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 ultra-wide camera and uniquely curved Freeform Lens that is able to bring edge distortion down to around 1%, compared to 10-20% on most smartphone ultra-wide cameras. The ultra-wide camera also lets you shoot 4cm macro images. There is an 8MP telephoto camera with support for 3.3x optical zoom and 30x digital zoom and a 2MP monochrome lens. Camera features include 4K 120 fps video recording, 12-bit RAW in Pro mode, Nightscape Video 2.0, UltraShot HDR, Tilt-shift mode, Video HDR, Video Portrait, Focus Tracking and more.
The OnePlus 9 Pro has 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the back. The Morning Mist shimmers from silver to black, resembling fog on a glossy mirror and the Pine Green uses a double-layer matte finish resulting in a softer and warmer hand feel with fewer fingerprints. It also comes in Stellar Black with frosted matte glass finish that resembles the classic sandstone look and feel of the OnePlus One, now smoother than ever before and practically free of fingerprints.
The OnePlus 9 Pro packs a 4500mAh (Twin 2250mAh batteries) and Warp Charge 65W charging that can charge the phone fully in just 29 minutes, same as the OnePlus 9. The charger also supports up to 45W PD charging so that it supports devices such as laptops or tablets. The phone also support 50W Warp Charge 50 Wireless fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 43 minutes.
OnePlus 9 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (1440 x 3216 pixels) Quad HD+ 525 ppi 20.1:9 Fluid AMOLED display with LTPO, Smart 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1300 nits brightness, sRGB, Display P3, 10-bit color depth, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS + EIS, 50MP 1/1.56″ ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor, 4cm macro, 8MP telephoto camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, OIS, f/2.4 aperture, 3.3x optical zoom and 30x digital zoom, 2MP monochrome camera, 8k video at 30 fps, 4K video at 120fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.2×73.6×8.7mm; Weight: 197g
- Water resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A), 50W wireless charging
The OnePlus 9 Pro comes in Morning Mist, Forest Green and Stellar
Black colours, is priced at Rs. 64,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 69,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, OnePlus.in and other channels from 31st March as part of the early access sale and others can get it from 1st April and with pre-orders starting today. The Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger is priced at Rs. 5,990.
In line with the launch of the OnePlus 9 Series, Red Cable Pro plans will get users cloud storage of 1TB with Red Cable Life plan and 120GB with Red Cable Care plan. This will be available starting 23rd March.
Additionally, OnePlus 9 Pro users who activate Red Cable Life plan by 30th April will be given an additional 5TB cloud storage capacity for one year making it 6TB cloud storage for OnePlus 9 Pro users with Red Cable Life.
Upcoming offers on the OnePlus 9 Pro
- Instant discount of INR 4000 on purchase through SBI Card – credit cards and EMI transactions on OnePlus.in, Amazon.in and across OnePlus Experience Stories, Authorized Stores and Partner Stores, starting 31st March.
- 9 months no cost EMI on the OnePlus 9 Pro on purchase using major credit cards on Amazon.in and SBI Card – credit cards on OnePlus.in & offline stores.
- Customers can also avail benefits worth Rs 6000 with select Jio prepaid plans