Vivo just announced S9, the company’s latest smartphone in the S series in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.44-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1300 nits brightness and 91.04% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to narrow borders, is the first smartphone to be powered by the latest MediaTek Dimensity 1100 6nm processor with support for 5G SA/NSA, VC cooling which is 30% bigger and the heat dissipation area is increased by 136% compared with the previous generation. The phone packs up to 12GB of RAM, 64MP rear camera, 8MP ultra wide-angle camera along with a 2MP mono camera.
On the front there is a 44MP autofocus front camera along with 8MP ultra-105° wide camera. It has VLOG mode and soft LED flash. The front camera also support 4K 60fps video and has EIS stabilization. It has an AG glass back, metal frame and the phone packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 33w fast charging.
Vivo also introduced S9e which has a similar screen, but this uses MediaTek Dimensity 820, 32MP front camera inside a waterdrop notch, gradient back with speckles in some colour variants and packs a slightly bigger 4100mAh battery.
Vivo S9 specifications
- 6.44-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 98% NTSC color gamut, up to 1300 nits brightness
- Octa Core (4 x 2.6GHz A78+ 4 x 2GHz A75 ) Dimensity 1100 6nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 11 with OriginOS 1.0
- 64MP rear camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 44MP autofocus front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, secondary 8MP 105° ultra-wide camera with f/2.28 aperture, dual soft LED flash, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.39×73.87×7.35mm; Weight: 173g
- USB Type-C audio, Super linear speaker
- Dual 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 33W fast charging
The Vivo S9 comes in Midnight Blue, Gradient Blue and White colours, is priced at 2999 yuan (US$ 463 / Rs. 33,787 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3299 yuan (US$ 510 / Rs. 37,165 approx.). It is available to order from today and goes on sale in China starting from March 12th.
The Vivo S9e comes in Diamond Crystal, Aurora Blue and Obsidian Black colours, is priced at 2399 yuan (US$ 371 / Rs. 27,025 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2699 yuan (US$ 417 / Rs. 30,405 approx.). It will be available to order from March 27th and goes on sale in China starting from March 27th.