Xiaomi just announced Redmi K40, K40 Pro and K40 Pro+ smartphones in China as it had announced. These pack a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED screen with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10+, 8,192 levels of dimming and 2.76mm ultra-small punch-hole that houses a 20MP camera. The K40 is powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC and the Pro models are powered by Snapdragon 888 5nm SoC, both supporting up to 12GB of RAM.
The K40 packs a 48MP IMX582 sensor, K40 Pro uses a 64MP IMX686, and Pro+ uses a 108MP Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, while the 8MP ultra-wide and 5MP 50mm telephoto macro lens are same. These feature X-axis linear motors, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos and Audio Zoom for video. These pack a 4,520mAh battery which supports up to 33W wired charging that can charge from 0 to 100% in just 52 minutes.
Redmi K40 / K40 Pro / K40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K40 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- K40 Pro & Pro+ – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- K40 – 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro+ – 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro), Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging
The Redmi K40 series come in Glossy Black, Icy White, and Dreamland colours. The Redmi K40 starts at 1999 yuan (US$ 309 / Rs. 22,485 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2199 yuan (US$ 340 / Rs. 24,735 approx.), 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 387 / Rs. 28,105 approx.) and the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage costs 2,699 yuan (US$ 418 / Rs. 30,340 approx.).
The Redmi K40 Pro starts at 2799 yuan (US$ 433 / Rs. 31,465 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2999 yuan (US$ 646 / Rs. 33,715 approx.) and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3299 yuan (US$ 511 / Rs. 37,110 approx.). The K40 and K40 Pro are available for order starting today and go on sale from March 4th in China.
The K40 Pro+ with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage version costs 3699 yuan (US$ 572 / Rs. 41,610 approx.) and will be available by the end of March.