Along with the Mi 10T series, Xiaomi also introduced Mi 65W Fast Charger with GaN tech for the global markets. The company introduced a GaN charger in China earlier this year. The compact charger is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and lets you charge laptops, mobile phones, and other accessories that have a USB Type-C Port.
It uses GaN (gallium nitride) third-generation “black technology” semiconductor material that is widely used in aerospace and military applications. With its high thermal efficiency, heat resistance and acid resistance, the charger is not only small and lightweight, but can also deliver better power conversion than other (non-GaN) chargers, says the company. It can charge Mi 10 Pro fully (at up to 50W) in 45 minutes. It comes with Mi USB-C to USB-C cable with e-market chip that supports up to 5A current for fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi 65W Fast Charger specifications
- USB Type-C Port
- Output 15W (5V-3A) / 27W (9V-3A) 50W (10V-5A) / 36W (12V-3A) / 45W (15V-3A) / 65W (20V-3.25A)
- Dimensions: 30.8×30.8×56.3mm (Without plug)
- USB Type-C to Type-C Cable included
- Multiple protection features including over-voltage protection, input over current protection, output over current protection, short circuit protection, overheating protection, low electromagnetic interference, VPP, anti-static
- Supports Smartphones as well as Apple MacBooks and select Lenovo, HP, HUAWEI, HONOR, ASUS, Samsung laptops and Google Pixelbook
The Mi 65W Fast Charger is priced at €29 (US$ 34 / Rs. 2,500 approx.) and will roll out in Europe and other markets soon.