LG unveiled its WING smartphone with a unique swivel screen last week. Today the company already confirmed that it will go on sale starting from South Korea starting from October followed by key markets in North America and Europe. Today it has confirmed that it will be available from early October in South Korea priced at 1,098,900 won (US$ 943 / Rs. 69,385 approx.). As a part of launch offer in October, it will offer 70% discount on the replacement cost when the main screen or the second screen is damaged within two years.
The phone packs a 6.8-inch P-OLED FullVision main screen and a 3.9 inch FHD+ hidden Second Screen that lets you use the phone in Swivel Mode in which the entire front of the phone rotates clockwise 90 degrees allowing users to interact with the Second Screen while content plays uninterrupted on the Main Screen.The hinge module with Hydraulic Damper reduces stress on mechanism when the Main Screen is rotated and the Thermoplastic polyoxymethylene is applied to the back of the Main Screen to facilitate smoother swiveling and to prevent scratches on the Second Screen.
LG WING specifications
- 6.8-inch (2440 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio P-OLED display, 3.9-inch (1240 x 1080 pixels) 1.15:1 G-OLED second screen
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 13MP 117° ultra-wide lens with f/1.9 aperture, 12MP 120° ultra-wide Gimbal mode Camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP pop-up front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 169.5 x 74.5 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 260g
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance, Water and Dust Resistance (IP54)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ 25W fast charging, 10w wireless charging