Samsung introduced the Galaxy Z Fold2, the company’s latest foldable smartphone at its UnPacked event earlier this month. Today the company has confirmed that the phone will be available for pre-order from September 14 on Samsung.com and across leading retail stores priced at Rs. 1,49,999. It will be available in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colours and comes with No-cost EMI for 12 months at Samsung Experience Store and Samsung.com, free YouTube Premium for 4 months and Microsoft Office 365 will be available at a discount of 22%.
Customers purchasing Galaxy Z Fold2 5G are eligible for specialized customer care services in India.
- Galaxy Z Concierge: Galaxy Z Fold2 customers will have 24/7 access to trained experts to ensure great experience with Galaxy Z Fold2 5G. Customers can dial 1800-20-7267864 to connect with a dedicated team of product experts and discover how to unlock the unique experience the Galaxy Z Fold2 delivers.
- Samsung Care+ Protection: Galaxy Z Fold2 customers can sign up for complementary Samsung Care+ protection, which entitles them to one-time repair against accidental damage within one year of activation date. For this, customers would need to register their new Galaxy Z Fold2 5G for Samsung Care+ protection within 30 days of purchase to get covered under this plan. Customers will have to pay a one time deductible fee of INR 10999 in case of damage at Samsung Certified service centers.
To remind you, the phone packs a 7.6-inch QXGA+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED screen on the inside with 120Hz refresh rate, Samsung Ultra Thin Glass and features a 6.2-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex display on the outside. It features sweeper technology, first introduced on the Galaxy Z Flip, within the gap between the body and hinge housing to repel dust and undesirable particles, and the new innovative sweeper structure is even smaller than on the Galaxy Z Flip.
The Galaxy Z Fold2 Hideaway Hinge features revolutionary slim cutting technology, modified fiber composition and adjusted fiber density with the CAM mechanism and enables free standing capabilities. The advanced Multi-Active Window lets you control your screen layout with more ease and flexibility such as opening multiple files from the same app at the same time and view them side by side, offers improved Multi-Window Tray, better viewing experience of apps, including Gmail, YouTube and Spotify.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging