Samsung just announced the Galaxy Z Fold2, the company’s latest foldable smartphone at its Unpacked online event, as it had promised. The phone has a 7.6-inch QXGA+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED screen on the inside with 120Hz refresh rate, Samsung Ultra Thin Glass and features a 6.2-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex display on the outside.
It features sweeper technology, first introduced on the Galaxy Z Flip, within the gap between the body and hinge housing to repel dust and undesirable particles, and the new innovative sweeper structure is even smaller than on the Galaxy Z Flip. The Galaxy Z Fold2 Hideaway Hinge features revolutionary slim cutting technology, modified fiber composition and adjusted fiber density with the CAM mechanism and enables free standing capabilities.
It combines Flex mode and App Continuity for expanded usability across Cover and Main Screen. The advanced Multi-Active Window lets you control your screen layout with more ease and flexibility such as opening multiple files from the same app at the same time and view them side by side, offers improved Multi-Window Tray, better viewing experience of apps, including Gmail, YouTube and Spotify.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 comes in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colours with customized hinge in Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red and Metallic Blue colours. It starts at $1,999 (Rs. 1,45,930 approx.) in the US and €1,999 in Europe and will roll out in around 40 markets, including the United States and South Korea from September 18 with pre-orders starting from today, September 1, 2020 starting with select markets including the U.S. and Europe. The Galaxy Z Fold2 Thom Browne edition is also available for pre-orders in select markets and will roll out from September 25.