Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has launched Redmi Smart Band, as it had promised. It has a 1.08-inch square colour touch display, promises up to 14 days of battery life and comes with built-in charging port that plugs into a USB-A port on the charger, laptop or PC so that you don’t want to be searching for the charging cable.
It comes with heart rate sensor, activity tracker, sleep monitor, sedentary reminder and more. The band has 5ATM (50 meter) water resistance, similar to the Mi Band 4.
Redmi Smart Band specifications
- 1.08-inch (128 x 220 pixels) LCD colour 16 bit touch screen display with up to 200 nits brightness, 2D tempered glass
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE to connect to Android and iOS devices
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, notifications from apps, calls and more
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring with heart rate alerts
- Monitors your fitness and tracks your sleep, Sedentary reminder
- 5 sports modes: outdoor running, exercise, cycling, treadmill, fast walking
- Tri-axis Accelerometer
- 13g ultra light body
- 5ATM (50 meters) water resistant
- 130mAh battery with up to 14 days of usage
The Redmi Smart Band comes in Black, Blue, Green and Orange colours, is priced at Rs. 1599 and will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com, Mi Home stores and other offline stores from September 9th.
Commenting on the launch, Raghu Reddy, Chief Business Officer, Mi India, said:
In May 2020, we had announced our aim to expand Redmi India’s portfolio in categories that not only help democratize the market, but also bring an accessible connected ecosystem for the consumers. With the launch of Redmi Smart Band, we are foraying into the wearable market with an aim to make personal fitness tracking accessible to a larger customer base. In today’s extraordinary times, it is important for one to prioritise fitness and wellness. Redmi Smart Band brings with it the functionalities to do just that by covering all possible fitness activities of an individual.