Xiaomi under its Redmi brand just launched the Redmi 9A, the company’s latest budget Redmi smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.53-inch HD+ 20:9 Dot Drop screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio G25 with up to 3GB of RAM, runs Android 10 with MIUI 12 out of the box, features a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone has an Aura 360 design with grip-friendly texture that doesn’t attract smudges or fingerprints and packs a 5000mAh battery.
Redmi 9A specifications
- 6.53-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD Dot Drop screen
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G25 processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR4x RAM, 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9×77.07×9.0mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Redmi 9A comes in Midnight Black, Sea Blue and Nature Green colours, is priced at Rs. 6799 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 7499. It will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com, Mi Home and Mi Sudio starting from September 4th and will soon be available from other stores soon.