Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has launched Redmi 9, the company’s latest budget Redmi smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.53-inch HD+ HD+ 20:9 Dot Drop screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio G35 with 4GB of RAM, runs Android 10 with MIUI 12 out of the box, features a 13-megapixel rear camera and a secondary 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone has an AuraEdge design with grip-friendly texture that doesn’t attract smudges or fingerprints, has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery.
Redmi 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD Dot Drop screen with 400 nits brightness, 70% NTSC colour gamut
- 2.3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G35 processor with 680MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9×77.07×9.0mm; Weight: 196g
- Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Redmi 9 comes in Sporty Orange, Sky Blue and Carbon Black colours, is priced at Rs. 8,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 9,999. It will be available from Amazon.in and mi.com starting from August 31st.