Tencent games has announced major PUBG Mobile 1.0 update for next month. This will bring new tech, new UX, new gameplay features and more. It has also announced global mobile esports tournament PUBG MOBILE Global Championship with a grand prize pool of $2M USD starting late November.
Some of the new features coming to PUBG Mobile 1.0
- New technologies to fully upgrade the quality of the game.
- Improvements to players’ characters, including Main Lobby lights and environments, as well its iconic environments.
- Particles, smoke, air blasts, muzzle flashes, and the addition of scope interaction make every shot more realistic.
- Parachuting, sprinting, throwing and other key actions optimized for the most captivating battle royale experience.
- Upgrades to lighting systems and texture quality bring the vegetation, sky, and water to life. Models and texture quality will be improved to provide a more realistic feel and high-quality experience.
- User interface and interactive experiences to be completely overhauled, with interactions, visuals, motions and sound effects quality improved.
- Interface is tweaked to make it easy on the eyes, while adding some visual technology elements. The color tones of Dawn Cyan, smoke grey, hope white and victory yellow were chosen to convey to players the design concepts of the morning dawn, of rebirth after failure, and of the glory after a breakthrough eureka moment.
- Innovative multi-screen switching mode exclusively for PUBG MOBILE makes it easier for players to find what they want, giving them more refined and upgraded controls
- Games, community, and purchases have been separated into 3 different spaces, enabling quick and easy access for players, and creating a simple and clean interface, helping players quickly locate their required functions. In addition, players can customize their own layout, for more comfortable operations and user experience.
The PUBG Mobile 1.0 update will be released on September 8. Season Zero of PUBG MOBILE Global Championship (PMGC) will begin in late November and top pro teams from all regions including Americas, Europe, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Middle East, China, will face off in an epic battle to crown the Global Champions and take home the lion’s share of $2M.