Samsung just announced the Galaxy Note20 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship phone in the Note series at its virtual event, as it had promised. It has a 6.9-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display with 120Hz refresh rate, is powered by Snapdragon 865+ / Exynos 990 SoC depending on the market and with Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 / Exynos Modem 5123 modem and 12GB RAM. It features in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner, run Android 10 with OneUI and comes with Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
The phone has a primary 108-megapixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view, 12-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS with 5X Optical zoom and Super Resolution Zoom up to 50X. The phone features a 10-megapixel front-facing camera.
The S Pen has significantly improved latency of 9ms for more natural, fluid writing and the built-in remote controls have also received a major update. Gesture control with Anywhere actions have five new customizable gestures that expand on the capabilities offered by Air Actions. The new remote controls lets you customize new actions for Back, Home, Recent App, Smart Select, and Screen Write, and make navigating and presenting easier.
With Microsoft’s Your Phone app and Link to Windows integration on select Samsung phones, users can sync their Galaxy smartphone to their Windows 10 PC to share messages, photos, notifications and calendar reminders in almost real-time. The phone has Wireless Samsung DeX support, IP68 water and dust resistance and a 4500mAh battery with support for wired 45W fast charging and Fast Wireless Charging as well as new Wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phones.
Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+,496PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- LTE- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB/512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- 5G – 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF Sensor, 12MP Periscope lens with f/3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super Resolution Zoom up to 50X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1mm; Weight: 208
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 45W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra comes in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black and Mystic White colours. It will be available in select markets starting August 21, 2020 with pre-orders starting today, August 5th.
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G 12GB + 128GB – $1,299.99 (Rs. 97,230 approx.)
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G 12GB + 256GB – € 1,299 (Rs. 1,15,660 approx.) / £1,179 (Rs. 1,16,015 approx.)
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G 12GB + 512GB – $1,449.99 (Rs. 1,08,445 approx.) / € 1,399 (Rs. 1,24,449 approx.) / £1,279 (Rs. 1,25,860 approx.)