Samsung has finally unveiled the Galaxy Watch 3 at its first virtual Galaxy Unpacked 2020 event. It was announced along with the Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note Ultra, Galaxy Tab S7 series and Galaxy Buds Live TWS. The Galaxy Watch 3 comes in two dial sizes and in LTE and non-LTE variants.
The Galaxy Watch 3 sports up to a 1.4-inch circular Super AMOLED display which is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass DX. It has a rotating bezel, features 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage and runs on Tizen Based Wearable OS 5.5. There are two dial sizes – 41 mm and 45 mm and it is made of stainless steel 316L material. Also, for the first time, the Galaxy Watch 3 will also be available in a titanium model.
Furthermore, the Galaxy Watch 3 will support SpO2 monitoring, Blood pressure monitoring, ECG readings, and a range of workout modes with Samsung Health. As for the connectivity, the Galaxy Watch 3 comes in a regular Bluetooth variant and an LTE variant, and there is support for 2.4GHz WiFi. Samsung hasn’t skimped on the sensors and the Galaxy Watch 3 features Accelerometer, ECG sensor, 8 LED photoplethysmography, Gyroscope, Barometer, and Ambient Light sensor. Lastly, the 41mm variant packs a 247mAh battery and the 45mm variant packs a 340mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 specifications
- Display: 1.4-inch (360 x 360) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass DX protection on the 45mm models
- 1.2-inch (360 x 360) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass DX protection on the 41mm models
- Processor: Dual-core Exynos 9110 (1.15 GHz)
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB
- OS: Tizen-based Wearable OS 5.5
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ECG sensor, 8 LED photoplethysmography, Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD 810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 41mm Bluetooth and LTE model – 41 x 42.5 x 11.3mm; Weight: 48g
- 45mm Bluetooth and LTE model – 45 x 46.2 x 11.1mm; Weight: 53g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, GPS/Glonass/Beidou/Galileo
- Compatibility: Devices running Android 5.0 and above with 1.5 GB RAM and above; iOS: iPhone 5 and above, and iOS 9.0 and above.
- Battery: 45mm models – 340mAh
- 41mm models – 247mAh
- WPC-based wireless charging
- Colors: Stainless Steel – Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White
Titanium – Mystic Black
Pricing and availability
The Galaxy Watch 3 will be available in select countries in 41mm and 45mm (LTE and Bluetooth) models starting at $399.99 (Rs. 29,915 approx.) and $429.99 (Rs. 32,155 approx.) for the 41mm and 45mm variants, respectively and the Galaxy Watch3 LTE 41mm and 45mm variants start at $449.99 (Rs. 33,650 approx.) and $479.99 (Rs. 35,900 approx.), respectively.
The Galaxy Watch 41mm variant will be available in Mystic Bronze and Mystic Silver, while the Galaxy Watch 45mm variant will be available in Mystic Silver and Mystic Black. These will roll out starting from tomorrow August 6 in select markets. The Galaxy Watch Titanium variant will be available later this year.