Xiaomi just launched its Mi TV Stick, the company’s first streaming stick in India, as it had announced. This comes after Mi Box 4K that was launched in May. It runs Android TV 9.0 and comes with built-in Chromecast that lets you stream 1080p content. It also comes with Mi Voice Remote with Netflix and Prime video shortcuts and Assistant button for easy voice search. Since it comes with Google Play, you can download apps and games easily.
Mi TV Stick specifications
- 1080p video output via HDMI
- Quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-450 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- Android TV 9.0, Chromecast
- Google Assistant with hotkey, voice remote
- Netflix and Prime Video with hot keys, Google Play Store for more apps
- Dimensions: 92.4 x 30.2 x 15.2mm;Weight: 28.5g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, micro USB power port
- VideoDecoder: VP9-10, H.265, H.264, VC-1, MPEG1 / 2/4, real 8/9/10
- Audio: DOLBY, DTS
With the purchase of the New Mi TV Stick, buyers get a 15-day free trial from Zee5, 50% on an entire year’s Aha Entertainment subscription and Hungama Play’s entire month’s subscription for free.
Commenting on the launch, Eshwar Nilakantan, Lead Business — MiTV, Xiaomi India, said:
At Xiaomi, we are focused on bringing entertainment into the comfort of your living room by providing solutions that not only provide access to content but also make streaming a lot more convenient on non-smart TV sets. With the launch of Mi TV Stick, we are focused on offering the Smart TV experience to consumers who are constantly looking for ways to consume OTT content.