After the Galaxy Note20 Ultra, the specifications and press images of the Galaxy Note20 has surfaced ahead of announcement on August 5th. This reveals an upgraded S Pen 26ms response time, compared to 9ms in the Ultra. It should feature automatic Microsoft OneNote synchronization, support for range of gesture commands, Wireless DeX and Microsoft ‘Project xCloud’ and Xbox Game Pass to allow users to play more than 90 games on the smartphone via cloud.
Even though US market is said to get Snapdragon 865+ SoC, Europe and Asian market is said to stick to Exynos 990 SoC for the Note20 series. It is said feature a 12MP rear camera instead of 108MP camera in the Ultra version, and the 12MP periscope lens with 50x space zoom will be replaced by 64MP telephoto lens with 30x space zoom, but it is said to retain the 12MP ultra-wide sensor. It is also missing laser autofocus that the Note20 Ultra has.
Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G rumoured specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 393 PPI
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB storage (UFS 3.1)
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 64MP telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 3X optical zoom, Space zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 75.2 x 8.3 mm
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4300mAh (typical) battery with 25W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy Note20 is expected to come in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Gray and Mystic Green colours. We should know the price when it goes official in a couple of weeks.