HUAWEI’s HONOR brand has confirmed the global launch of its HONOR 9A smartphone as a part of its VIP Day Launch Event on June 23rd. It was announced in Russia back in April, comes with a 6.3-inch 20:9 HD+ screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio P22 SoC, packs triple rear cameras and a 5000mAh battery.
HONOR 9A specifications
- 6.3-inch (1600 × 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 display
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762R) 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 10 with Magic UI 3.0.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 5MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 159.07 × 74.06 × 9.04; Weight: 185g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS, Micro USB Port
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (Minimum) battery
The HONOR 9A comes in Black, Blue and Green colours and was introduced in Russia for 10990 Ruble (US$ 150/ Rs. 11,290 approx.).
The company also plans to launch the HONOR Router 3 for the global markets after it was introduced for the Chinese markets last month. It has in-house Kirin W650 Wi-Fi 6+ chipset, Gigahome Dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU and packs 128MB of RAM, and flash memory. It has 4 external antennas which have a gain of 5dBi and it can transmit at 2976 Mbps (maximum) with 2402 Mbps on the 5GHz band and 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band.
The HONOR Router 3 was introduced for 219 yuan (US$ 31 / Rs. 2334 approx.).