Update: July 15, 2020 — Xiaomi at its Mi Ecosystem event announced the Mi Smart Band 5 for the global markets. It comes with straps in Orange, Navy Blue, Yellow, Black, Mint green and Teal colours. It is priced at €39.99 (US$ 45 / Rs. 3,435 approx.) and will be available at an early bird price of €34.99 (US$ 40 / Rs. 3,005 approx.) in select European markets.
Earlier: Xiaomi just announced the most expected Mi Band 5 at an online event in China, as it had promised. It has a 1.1-inch AMOLED color touch screen display, which is 20% bigger than the predecessor so that it can display more characters, has hundreds of customized themes to choose from, including fifty-four IP featured themes such as Spongebob Squarepants, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hatsune Miku, and Detective Conan. It has support for different watch faces and comes with 11 sports mode. The band is also 5ATM water resistant so that you can take it for swimming under 50 meters.
Xiaomi has finally enabled 24-hour sleep monitoring, including quick naps, REM deep sleep, irregular and sporadic sleep patterns, and rapid eye movement monitoring features. Sleep monitoring accuracy feature is improved by 40% and the heart rate monitoring of irregular movements boasts up to 50% improvement.
It has also added stress monitoring, breathing training, PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence), which is available in Amazfit products, women’s health tracking such as menstrual cycle prediction function paired with a vibration alert and phone camera shutter feature without any app. As usual, there is a NFC version. It promises up to days of battery life and comes with new magnetic charging cable.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 specifications
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen display with up to ≥450 nits brightness, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass, AF coating
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking, fitness tracking, Sedentary reminder
- 11 sports modes (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, exercise, indoor cycling, elliptical machine, skipping rope, yoga, rowing machine)
- PAI health analysis, Women’s health tracking: Menstrual cycle,
- Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor, Pressure assessment, Breathing training, Remote shutter control
- Xiao Ai’s voice assistant (NFC model)
- 5ATM (50 meters) water resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (Optional)
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4mm; Weight: 11.9g / 12.1g (NFC)
- 125mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life in typical mode, 20 days in long battery mode
The Mi Band 5 comes in Black color with 6 different colorful straps in Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Purple, Yellow, and Green colors and is priced at 189 yuan (US$ 26.7 / Rs. 2,025 approx.) for the standard version and 229 yuan (US$ 32.3 / Rs. 2,455 approx.) for the NFC edition. It will go on sale in China from June 18th.