Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just announced the Redmi K30 5G Extreme Edition in China in partnership with jd.com, as it had promised. It is the world’s first smartphone to be powered by the latest Snapdragon 768G SoC, which brings 15% faster CPU and GPU performance compared to 765G and is also the first SoC in the 7 series to bring updateable GPU drivers.
Other specifications are similar including a 6.67-inch Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen with 4.38mm, dual-punch-hole screen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 4.25mm ultra-narrow bottom frame, built-in 5G stand alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz networks. It has 5mm copper tube liquid cooling to the temperature of the phone by up to 7 degrees, and runs Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top.
It has a Sony IMX686 64-megapixel 1/1.7″ sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 5-megapixel 2cm super macro and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. On the front there is a 20-megapixel camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. The phone has a 3D curved frosted glass body with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 4500mAh battery with 30W Flash Charge fast charging.
Redmi K30 5G Extreme Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.8GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 768G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.89 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP macro sensors with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps, 960 fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera, 2MP secondary camera with 1.75μm for portrait
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1217 Linear Speaker, Smart PA
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.6×8.79mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/ NSA (Optional) / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) (K30 5G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W fast charging
The Redmi K30 5G Extreme Edition White, Blue Red, Purple and new Mint colours, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 282 / Rs. 21,360 approx.) and will be available from jd.com starting from May 14.