Qualcomm just announced Snapdragon 768G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G Mobile platform and the successor of the Snapdragon 765G that was introduced back in December last year. This comes with faster Qualcomm Kryo 475 CPU Prime core clock speed up to 2.8 GHz compared to 2.4 GHz in the 765G and also promises up to 15% faster graphics rendering than Snapdragon 765G and support for 120Hz display.
After the Snapdragon 865, the Snapdragon 768G brings support for Adreno Updateable GPU Drivers. “This gives players control of their GPU driver updates and settings to provide peak display refresh rates that unlock premium visual fidelity on their favourite games,” says Qualcomm.
Highlights of Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G
- 1 x Kryo 475 Prime CPU (A76-based) at up to 2.8GHz, 1 x Kryo 475 Performance CPUs (A76-based) at up to 2.2GHz, 6x Kryo 475 Efficiency CPUs (A55-based) at up to 1.80GHz
- Samsung 7nm EUV (7LPP) Process Technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X52 5G modem-RF system
- Download speeds of up to 3.7 Gbps (5G), 1.2 Gbps (LTE) / Upload speeds of Up to 1.6 Gbps (5G), 210 Mbps (LTE), 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz, standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) modes, FDD, TDD, mmWave: 400 MHz bandwidth, 2×2 MIMO, Sub-6 GHz: 100 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO
- Qualcomm Adreno 620 GPU, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 FP, Updateable GPU driver support, Qualcomm Game Jank Reducer v2.0, Qualcomm Game Fast Loader, Qualcomm Game Network Latency Manager , Vulkan 1.1, DirectX 12, 20% better performance vs 730 (765), 38% better performance vs 730 (765G)
- 4K HDR10 PQ and HLG Video Playback (10 bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut), H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC) VP8 and VP9 playback
- Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for hardware accelerated voice signal processing, Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec (up to WCD9385), Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -108dB, Native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, Customizable “Golden Ears” filter, Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier (up to WSA8815)
- Up to 22 MP dual camera, Up to 192MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra 355 Image Sensor Processor (14-bit dual-ISP), Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture, 4K HDR video capture with portrait mode, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture, Slow motion video capture up to 720p at 480fps, HEVC Video Capture, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG support
- On-Device Display Support: QHD+ @ 60 Hz, FHD+ @ 120 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up to UHD @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+
- Qualcomm Hexagon 696 Processor, Hexagon Vector eXtensions, Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, 5.4TOPS AI performance
- LPDDR4x 2133MHz, 4x16bit memory / 17.0GB/s
- 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6-ready), Integrated 802.11ac Wave 2 x 2 MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, Dual frequency GNSS, NavIC, GPS, GNSS, QZSS, SBAS, USB 3.1, USB-C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology, Quick Charge AI
The Redmi K30 5G Racing Edition is the first commercial device to be announced based on Snapdragon 768G, which supports 5G SA/NSA dual-mode, a 120Hz display and a 64-megapixel camera.