Xiaomi’s Redmi brand today announced Redmi Note 9S, as it had promised. This is the global version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro that was launched in India last week. It has similar specifications including a 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, Snapdragon 720G 8nm SoC, 48-megapixel primary rear camera with Samsung GM2 Sensor, 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 5-megapixel 2cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor, 16-megapixel camera on front, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, glass back with Aurua Balance design and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and pack a 5020mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 9S specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD DotDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 465 A76 + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 465 A55 CPUs) with Adreno 618 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP Samsung ISOCELL GM2 with f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 5MP 2cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor, 4k 30 fps video recording
- 16MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Splash-proof (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.7×76.6×8.8mm; Weight: 209g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 9S comes in Interstellar Grey, Aurora Blue and Glacier White colors, is priced at US$249 (Rs. 19,080 approx.) for 4GB+64GB version and US$ 279 (Rs. 21,360 approx.) for 6GB+128GB in global markets. As part of Mi Fan Festival, Xiaomi will offer the phones at US$ 199 (Rs. 15,230 approx.) for 4GB+64GB, and US$ 239 (Rs. 18,300 approx.) for 6GB+128GB in a two-day flash sale on Aliexpress on April 7 and 8. It will also be sold in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The company will also sell Redmi Note 9S MFF 2020 Limited Edition.
In addition, Xiaomi also introduced Mi Handheld Vacuum Cleaner 1C with cord-free design for select markets priced at €199 (US$ 214 / Rs. 16350 approx.) in Spain and Italy and TBH 7999 (US$ 243 / Rs. 18,930 approx.) in Thailand.
- Portable and Cord-free
- Powerful DC brushless motor that can spin up to 100,000 rpm, maximum suction power of 120AW.
- 5-step filtration system includes an advanced multi-cyclone separation system and a H12-class HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of dust particles as small as 0.3 microns in size
- Four versatile brushes adapted for different cleaning scenarios to clean tight crevices, delicate surfaces, and fabric-covered furniture.
- Battery lasts up to 60 minutes in eco mode
There is also new Mi Smart Compact Projector priced at MYR 1899 (US$ 427 / Rs. 33,200 approx.) in Malaysia, SG$ 699 (US$ 479 / Rs. 37,220 approx.) in Singapore and THB 15,990 (US$ 487 / Rs. 37,850 approx.) in Thailand.
- 1080P FHD projection with 500 ANSI lumens, four-channel LED
- Throw ratio of 1.2:1 projecting screen size from 60 to 120 inches
- Two built-in speakers that support Dolby and DTS decoding
- Powered by Android TV 9.0 with built-in Google Assistant