Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just launched Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max, two new smartphones as a successor of last year’s Redmi Note 8 Pro in India, as it had promised. These phones have a 6.67-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection and are powered by the latest Snapdragon 720G 8nm SoC. The Redmi Note 9 Pro features a 48-megapixel primary rear camera with Samsung GM2 Sensor, while the Note 9 Pro Max comes with a 64-megapixel camera with Samsung GW1 sensor. Other cameras are similar that includes an 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 5-megapixel 2cm macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. There is a 32-megapixel camera on the front in Note 9 Pro Max and the Note 9 Pro has a 16-megapixel camera.
These have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, glass back with Aurua Balance design and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. These come with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, and pack a 5020mAh battery, compared to 4500mAh battery in the predecessor. The Redmi Note 9 Pro comes with support for 18W fast charging and the Pro Max comes with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in under 30 minutes, and comes with fast charger in the box.
Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ LCD DotDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 465 A76 + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 465 A55 CPUs) with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor with f/1.89 aperture in Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, (48MP Samsung ISOCELL GM2 with f/1.79 aperture in Note 9 Pro), PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 5MP 2cm macro lens, 2MP depth sensor, 4k 30 fps video recording
- 32MP (Pro Max) / 16MP (Pro) front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Splash-proof (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.7×76.6×8.8mm; Weight: 209g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NavIC, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging in Note 9 Pro and 33W fast charging in Pro Max
The Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max come in Interstellar Black, Aurora Blue and Glacier White colors. The Redmi Note 9 Pro is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from 17th March.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 16,999 and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 18999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from March 25th.
Commenting on the launch, Anuj Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Xiaomi India, said:
Redmi Note series has been the torch bearer of innovation for everyone. Redmi Note 8 series set new benchmarks continuing the Redmi Note legacy and evolved as one of the most sought after series. In 2019, Redmi Note 8 Pro became India’s No. 1 Quad Camera smartphone and Redmi Note 8 went on to become the No. 1 Android smartphone globally.
We are especially excited about Redmi Note 9 Pro Max as we push the boundaries of innovation across hardware and software in its segment. We are especially proud of our deep partnership with ISRO which allows us to bring India’s first navigation system, NavIC, to our Mi fans and consumers. Redmi Note 9 Pro series is built for true Mi Fans and we hope they would appreciate this perfect amalgamation of Aura design, Pro Cameras and Max Performance as we continue to bring the best specs with highest quality at honest pricing.