HUAWEI has announced MatePad Pro 5G, which is the 5G version of the MatePad Pro that was introduced in China back in November last year. It packs the same 10.8-inch QHD+ (2560 x 1600 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 90% screen-to-body ratio with 4.9mm slim frame, features 13-megapixel auto focus rear camera with PDAF, 8MP in-screen front camera, Quad-channel Quad speakers and a 7250mAh battery with 40W HUAWEI super fast charge, 15W wireless charging as well as 7.5w reverse charging to charge other devices on the back of the tablet, but this is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 990 5G SoC and runs on Android 10 with EMUI 10 on top with Huawei Mobile Services (HMS).
The HUAWEI M-Pencil 12 for Graffiti painting, document processing, class notes, and more with 4096-level pressure sense and 20ms ultra-low latency. M-Pencil is attached to the top of the tablet with active magnetic pairing, and simultaneous wireless charging. Fast charge for 30 seconds and write for 10 hours. The smart magnetic keyboard weighs 260 grams, has 1.3mm keystrokes and you can open the keyboard to wake up the tablet and close the keyboard and turn it into a screen protector.
HUAWEI MediaPad Pro 5G specifications
- 10.8-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 2.5D curved glass display
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB / 512GB, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- EMUI 10.0.1 based on Android 10, HMS
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with PDAF, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing Camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 246 x 159x 7.99mm; Weight: 492g
- Harman Kardon-certified Quad speakers, Huawei Histen sound effect
- 5G / 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 7250mAh battery with 40W HUAWEI super fast charge, 15W wireless charging, 7.5w reverse charging
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI MediaPad Pro 5G comes in Orange and Forest Green colors, starts at 799 Euros (US$ 867 / Rs. 62,380 approx.) and will be available from June in China as well as markets across the Asia Pacific region, EMEA, and Latin America.
The company also introduced Wi-Fi version of the tablet at 549 Euros (US$ 595 / Rs. 42,950 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 749 Euros (US$ 813 / Rs. 58,595 approx.) for the 8GB RAM and 256GB storage Wi-Fi model with M-Pencil, and 6GB + 128GB LTE version at 599 Euros (US$ 650 / Rs. 46,775 approx.) and the 8GB RAM and 256GB storage LTE model costs 699 Euros (US$ 758 / Rs. 54,585 approx.). These will roll out from April in Russia and Japan, as well as select Asia Pacific, EMEA, and Latin American markets.
The sleeve and Folio Cover cost 39 Euros (US$ 42 / Rs. 3050 approx.) each, the M-Pencil costs 99 Euros (US$ 107 / Rs. 7730 approx.) , and the Smart Keyboard is priced at 129 Euros (US$ 140 / Rs. 10,075 approx.).