HUAWEI has introduced Mate Xs in an online event, as it had promised, after MWC Barcelona got cancelled. It has a 6.6-inch OLED screen on the front and 6.38-inch screen on the back that expands to an 8-inch screen when unfolded, same as the Mate X, which didn’t actually go on sale after several delays. It is just 5.4mm at its thinnest point.
It is powered by Kirin 990 5G SoC, runs Android 10 with EMUI 10 on top, but this has HUAWEI Mobile Services (HMS) instead of Google Play. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner embedded into the power button. It is equipped with quad rear Leica Cameras – a 40MP main camera, a 16MP ultra wide-angle camera, a 8MP telephoto camera and a ToF sensor. You can use the display on the back to click selfies using the rear camera. It has NM Card slot, that lets you use replace the second SIM with a NM Card and comes with 55W HUAWEI SuperCharge fast charging technology that lets you charge the phone’s 4500mAh battery from 0 to 85% in 30 minutes.
HUAWEI Mate Xs specifications
- 6.6-inch (2480 x 1148 pixels) 19.5:9 OLED display when folded, 6.38-inch (2480 x 892 pixels) OLED 25:9 display for back panel, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display when unfolded
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0.1, HMS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, 30x ditial zoom, OIS, HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 78.5 (146.2 unfolded) x 5.4-11mm; Weight: 300g
- 5G Multi-mode,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (2250mAh x 2 ) battery with 55W SuperCharge
The HUAWEI Mate Xs comes in Interstellar Blue color, is priced at 2499 Euros (US$ 2706 / Rs. 1,95,245 approx.) and will roll out globally starting from next month.