Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip at the Galaxy Unpacked 2020 event alongside the Galaxy S20 Series last week. Today the company has announced the smartphone for the Indian market priced at Rs. 1,09,999 and said that it will be available for pre-order staring tomorrow on Samsung e-shop and select retail stores. Buyers from Samsung e-shop will be offered premium white glove delivery in 10 cities, said the company.
- Accidental damage coverage, which includes one-time screen protection and a 24X7 Dedicated Call Center Support (1800-20-7267864).
- 1-year Samsung Care+ Protection that includes 1-time screen damage protection service for inner screen and external screen at discounted fee (at the time of repair)
- 4 Month free YouTube premium Subscription
- Up to 12 month Interest Free EMI
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip flaunts a 6.7-inch FULL HD+ Dynamic AMOLED main display with a 21.9:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 2636 x 1080 pixels. Samsung calls this Infinity Flex display, has proprietary bendable Ultra-Thin Glass (UTG) and lasts for 2,00,000 folds. Since it is a foldable phone, it flaunts a 1.1-inch external/cover Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 300 x 112 resolution.
There is a dedicated ‘Flex mode’ that splits apps in half and puts the controls on the bottom half and in turn, the top half turns into a viewing area.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- SIM: One eSIM (Works on Airtel and Jio) and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) — 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm — 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold
Commenting on the announcement, Aditya Babbar, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
Last year, Samsung introduced the biggest breakthrough since the mobile phone — the Galaxy Fold. This year, with the Galaxy Z Flip, we are changing the shape of the future. With a first of its kind foldable glass display and our smallest hideaway hinge yet, the Galaxy Z Flip gives you all the advantages of a large screen in a stylish and compact form factor that fits in the palm of your hand. Our specially designed foldable UX allows consumers to reimagine how they take selfies and discover hands free video chatting like never before. With Galaxy Z Flip, we’re redefining what a mobile device can be, and what it enables consumers to do.