Update: Vivo has posted a new teaser for the phone and confirmed that it will feature an AMOLED display and pack quad rear cameras with a 48-megapixel main camera.
Update: Vivo has confirmed V17 is launching on December 9th
Stay LIT even at night with the Super Night Mode on #vivoV17.
Launching on 9th December,12PM. #ClearAsReal pic.twitter.com/lj6qPUk5Av
— Vivo India (@Vivo_India) December 3, 2019
Vivo recently announced the ‘Vivo V17’ smartphone in Russia with Super AMOLED+ display, quad rear cameras, and more. Now, Vivo India has scheduled an event in India on December 9 where the company is expected to launch the Vivo V17 smartphone.
The media invite sent by Vivo reads “Save The Date 9.12.19” along with the hashtag “ClearAsReal”, and this tagline was used for the launch of Vivo V17 Pro as well. This suggests that Vivo will be indeed unveiling the V17 smartphone on December 9th, 2019 in India. Vivo V17 that was launched in Russia sports a notch display, but the Indian variant will sport a punch-hole display, according to the invite.
We should be knowing more information once more teasers are out officially.
Regarding the specifications, Vivo V17 launched in Russia sports a 6.38-inch FULL HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Super AMOLED notch display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and 90% screen-to-body ratio and minimal bezels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor paired with 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and runs Funtouch OS 9.2 based on Android 9 (Pie). The design is similar to recently launched Vivo S5.
It sports a quad rear camera setup housed in a diamond-shaped module with a combination of 48MP (primary with f/1.8 aperture) + 8MP (ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture) + 2MP (macro with f/2.4 aperture) + 2MP (depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture) and there is a 32MP f/2.0 front camera. The camera supports various features including Gesture control, Voice control, Professional mode, Slow motion, HDR, Bokeh, Panorama, and more. As it is a Super AMOLED panel, it features an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The connectivity options include Dual SIM, Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and packs a 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging support through USB Type-C port.
Vivo V17 specifications
- 6.38-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 Super AMOLED display; 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9.2 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP (primary with f/1.8 aperture) + 8MP (ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture) + 2MP (macro with f/2.4 aperture) + 2MP (depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture)
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 159.25 × 75.19 × 8.68mm; Weight: 186.7g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging