Xiaomi’s Redmi Note lineup made its debut in India back in 2014 with the first generation Redmi Note (3G and 4G), and soon emerged as the most popular smartphone lineup in the country. In these 5 years, Redmi Note series has gone through 8 iterations with a total of 13 different devices, and as a result, we now have Redmi Note 8 series launched in India.
Xiaomi has been adding new features to the Redmi Note series lineup with each iteration, Redmi Note 5 Pro brought a dual-camera setup, Redmi Note 6 Pro brought fast charging and P2i coating, Redmi Note 7 series brought 48-megapixel cameras along with glass sandwich design and USB Type-C and Redmi Note 8 series is no exception to the list. With Redmi Note 8 series, Xiaomi is introducing Quad camera on the popular lineup but there are more new features than just the Quad camera setup that make it to the Redmi Note lineup with Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro features an HDR-enabled FHD+ display which is first for a Redmi Note series device.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro features a 4-sided curved glass on the back which was never seen before on a Redmi Note series device.
- Xiaomi introduced splash-resistant P2i nano-coating with Redmi Note 6 Pro, Redmi Note 8 Pro takes it a step forward with IP52 rating making it water and dust resistant along with P2i coating.
- Xiaomi is introducing auto cleaning speaker technology on Redmi Note 8 series that purges obstructions and dust from the speaker cavity with the help of low-frequency sound waves of 800 Hz.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with LiquidCool technology that helps keeping the temperatures low by 4-6 degrees to ensure smooth gameplay, for the first time Xiaomi has brought this technology to a Redmi Note series device.
- Xiaomi is bringing faster UFS 2.1 storage to the Redmi Note series with Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Xiaomi is bringing back the dedicated Micro-SD card slot to Redmi Note lineup with Redmi Note 8 series, the last devices to feature a dedicated Micro-SD card were Redmi Note and Redmi Note Prime launched in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Redmi Note series devices are well known for their battery capacity, Redmi Note 8 Pro takes it a step forward with 4500mAh battery, which is almost 11% more than its predecessor.
- Xiaomi has finally decided to bundle 18W charger in-box with Redmi Note 8 series, for the first time Xiaomi is providing a fast charger with a Redmi Note series device.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro features a quad camera setup including an ultra-wide and a macro lens, in the past, we had seen only a depth sensor on the devices featuring dual camera under Redmi Note series.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro can record 960 fps and 240 fps video footage in 720p resolution, which is again a first for a Redmi Note series device.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro is the first phone in Redmi Note line up to be powered by a MediaTek chipset (technically Redmi Note 3G was the first such device but it was sold only for few weeks, so I am considering Redmi Note 8 Pro first to pack a MediaTek SoC).
What do you think about the Redmi Note 8 series? do let us know in the comments below.