Samsung has launched the Galaxy Tab S6, successor of last year’s Galaxy Tab S4 in India. It has a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED WQXGA screen, is powered by a Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 SoC and runs on Android 9.0 (Pie). It has quad-stereo speakers tuned by AKG by HARMAN, similar to the predecessor and has got rid of the Iris scanner in favor of in-display fingerprint scanner. The Galaxy Tab S6 has an 8-megapixel primary camera along with a 5-megapixel 123-degree Ultra Wide camera and an 8-megapixel front camera. It has a 5.7mm slim metal body.
The tablet comes with an enhanced S Pen that comes with remote control functionality and wireless charging capabilities with built-in BLE remote control features for S Pen Air actions to take selfies and videos, or control the multimedia content. It has a built-in 0.35mAh battery with wireless charging when you stick it to the back of the tablet that promises up to 10 hours of battery life with ten minutes of charging.
A new-and-improved version of Samsung DeX lets you seamlessly transition to a PC-like experience. The new dedicated Book Cover Keyboard offers better functionality, including an S Pen holder, free angle stand, touch pad and new function keys, and lets you launch and close DeX with the tap of a key.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 specifications
- 10.5-inch (2560×1600 pixel) WQXGA Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI 1.5
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP 123-degree ultra-wide secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Optical In-display fingerprint scanner, Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- 4 speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- S Pen with Bluetooth, 0.35mAh battery
- Dimensions: 244.5 x 159.5 ×5.7mm; Weight: 420g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, USB Type-C, POGO pin
- 7,040mAh battery with Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 comes in Mountain Grey and Cloud Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 59,900 and the optional keyboard cover will be available at Rs. 5,499 (Rs. 10,999 original price) along with 6-month free YouTube Premium. It will be available starting tomorrow, October 11 on Flipkart, Amazon and Samsung Shop. It will offer up to Rs. 5,000 cashback for HDFC Bank credit and debit card owners and special affordability schemes from leading banks and NBFCs.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
At Samsung, we understand that inspiration comes at a moment’s notice. The Galaxy ecosystem has been created to maximize these very moments. All the products that we launch today are aimed at assisting and propelling users through their day. With the Bluetooth enabled S Pen and DeX mode, Galaxy Tab S6 lets you switch seamlessly between work and play, allowing you to expand a moment of inspiration into an immersive session of productivity.