LG introduce the G8X ThinQ smartphone at the IFA 2019 last month and said that it will be introduced as V50S ThinQ with 5G support in Korea. Today the company announced the roll out of V50S ThinQ in Korea. It packs a 6.4-inch FullVision FHD+ OLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with 8GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with improved user interface, has dual rear cameras, 13MP 136-degree super wide-angle and 12MP standard sensor. There is also a 32-megapixel camera that merges four pixels to form large 1.6μm pixels for better output.
The new 6.4-inch OLED FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 LG Dual Screen has an additional 2.1-inch Mono Cover Display that lets users check the time, date, battery charge, notifications and other useful information without opening the Dual Screen. The new Dual Screen adopts a new 360 Freestop Hinge to allow for viewing at any angle (0, 104° and 180°), just like a laptop. It can connect to the phone via USB instead of Pogo Pins in the previous generation.
LG V50S ThinQ specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 13MP ultra wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 136° lens, LED flash
- 32MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, 79° lens
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, FM Radio
- Dimensions:159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 192g
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The LG V50S ThinQ comes in Black color, is priced at 11,99,000 Korean Won (US$ 1,003 / Rs. 71,340 approx.) and also comes with the dual screen accessory for free. It will roll out through top telecom operators SK Telecom, KT and LG Uplus in Korea from tomorrow, October 11th. The phone will be launched as G8X ThinQ in North America and Europe soon, said LG.