Update: October 3, 2019 — Xiaomi has confirmed that Redmi 8 will launch in India on October 9th on Flipkart. India VP Manu jain has also teased 4GB + 64GB version for the phone.
Battery champion with 4⃣/_ _ arriving on 9th Oct.
It’s time to do moooooooore!
📸 Click more
🔋 Watch more
🎮 Play more
💾 Store more
— #MiFan Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) October 3, 2019
Earlier: Redmi 8 with model number M1908C3IC got certified by TENAA in China last month which revealed its specifications. At the end of Redmi 8A online launch, Xiaomi India head and VP Manu Jain asks “But, What about the Redmi 8, weren’t we supposed to launch it today?” He gets a response saying that it’s for the next launch. May be we can expect the details about the Redmi Note 8 series at the Redmi 8 launch since those are also expected in October.
Based on earlier rumors, the phone will feature a 6.26-inch HD+ Dot Notch screen, feature a 12-megapixel rear camera, which could be the same Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture sensor Dual PD auto focus featured in the Redmi 8A, and also adds 5-megapixel depth sensor. Processor details are not know yet, but it will pack the same 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging. This is also said to feature a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Redmi 8 rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi 7 was launched in India starting at Rs. 7999, so we can expect the Redmi 8 in the similar price range.