Update: More specifications of the phone has surfaced revealing 6.2-inch HD+ display, Octa-Core SoC, up to 4GB RAM and more.
Redmi 8 rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
Earlier: Xiaomi’s Redmi brand introduced new Redmi 7 and Redmi 7A phones earlier this year, now a new Redmi smartphone with model number M1908C3IC has been certified by TENAA in China and the render of the phone has also surfaced. The image shows a Dot Notch, dual rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner similar to the Redmi 7, but the design and the position of cameras are different.
There is a Redmi branding on the front, below the screen, and on the back below the fingerprint scanner and there is also a ‘Designed by Xiaomi’ branding.
TENAA also reveals a 6.2-inch screen, 156.3×75.4×9.4mm dimensions, revealing that it will be slightly smaller, but thicker than the Redmi 7 due to 5000mAh battery, compared to 4000mAh in the predecessor. 3C certification recently confirmed 10W charging support, so this will not likely be the Redmi Note 8 phone, which will likely come with 18W fast charging and quad rear cameras with a 64MP main camera.
We should know the complete specifications of the phone from TENAA in the coming days.