Xiaomi just announced the Mi 9 Pro 5G, the company’s latest flagship smartphone as it had promised. It has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection and 90.7% screen to body ratio since it has 3.6mm small chin, same as the Mi 9, but this is is powered by the latest Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Snapdragon X50 5G modem and support for 7-antenna 5G bands for improved signal reception. The phone features download speed of up to 2.02Gbps (lab) and 1.78Gbps (field test), is 10 times faster than Mi 9, says the company. It also has special, customized L shaped vapor chamber cooling system, compared to the Mi 9, so the processor’s core temperature can be reduced by 10.2 °C. It has up to 12GB of RAM and runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI on top.
The phone come with a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with Laser Autofocus, Phase Detection Auto focus (PDAF) and Contrast Detection Autofocus (CAF), closed-loop Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for improved auto-focusing, 12-megapixel telephoto camera for 2x lossless zoom and a 20-megapixel front camera. It has an improved vibration motor compared to the predecessor for stronger vibration, shorter response that offers haptic feedback with 150 interactive modules for typing, gestures camera zoom and games.
It has a 4000mAh battery with 45W fast wired charging that provides a full 100% charge in 48 minutes and supports 30W wireless charging that lets you charge up to 50% in 25 minutes, and it takes only 69 minutes to charge the phone fully, faster than the 27W and 20W wired fast charging. This also includes high-power wireless reverse charging, which can reach up to 10W that can charge Bluetooth headsets, smart watches, electric toothbrushes, and of course mobile phones. The company says that the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G can reverse-charge the iPhone Xs Max up to 20% in 30 minutes.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.21×74.64×8.54mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 45W fast charging, 30W wireless fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G comes in Dream White and Titanium Black colors. It will be available for order in China from today and goes on sale from September 27th.
- Mi 9 Pro 5G 8GB RAM with 128GB storage — 3699 yuan (US$ 520 / Rs. 36,875 approx.)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G 8GB RAM with 256GB storage — 3799 yuan (US$ 534 / Rs. 37,860 approx.)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G 12GB RAM with 256GB storage — 4099 yuan (US$ 577 / Rs. 40,875 approx.)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G 12GB RAM with 512GB storage — 4299 yuan (US$ 605 / Rs. 42,870 approx.)
- 30W Fan-cooled Wireless Charging Stand — 199 yuan (US$ 28 / Rs. 1,985 approx.