HUAWEI today announced its flagship Mate 30 Pro and Mate 30 Pro 5G smartphones at an event in Germany, as it had promised. These have 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED edge to edge 88 degre ultra-curved screen, are powered by Kirin 990 and Kirin 990 5G 7nm SoCs with dedicated NPUs and run Android 10 with EMUI 10.0 on top, but there will be no Google apps confirmed HUAWEI. These have in-display fingerprint scanner and 3D Face unlock with Depth Sensing Camera and Gesture Sensor to identify your facial features and detect the movement of your hands.
Say goodbye to physical keys, with #HuaweiMate30 Pro’s side touch design.
— Huawei Mobile (@HuaweiMobile) September 19, 2019
“With this real-time information received in the Tiny-Core NPU, many commands such as unlocking, slide-changing, and screenshots can be executed swiftly when you look at the screen or simply swipe your hand,” said the company. The ultra-curved screen edges offer a wider area for interactions which also replace the physical buttons for a seamless design. You can naturally adjust the volume or enjoy quad-finger game control with this innovative side-touch interaction.
These have quad rear camera system with Leica lens that includes 40MP Cine Camera to record Ultra Low-light, Ultra-slow Motion and Ultra Wide Angle Time-lapse videos, 40MP SuperSensing Camera, an 8MP Telephoto Camera and a 3D Depth Sensing Camera for Bokeh effects for portrait photos and videos. There is a 32-megapixel camera on the front, in addition to 3D depth camera.
These phones have NM Card slot, that lets you use replace the second SIM with a NM Card, pack 4500mAh battery with 40W (10V/4A) Huawei SuperCharge fast charging technology and also comes with Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge support and comes with Wireless Reverse Charge, which enables the device to work as a power bank for devices supporting Qi wireless charging.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro / Mate 30 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.53-inch (2400 x 1176 pixels) FHD+ flex OLED Display with 18.4:9 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.09 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.86 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 40MP ( Cine Camera, f/1.8 aperture) + 40 MP (SuperSensing Camera, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 8 MP (Telephoto Camera, f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x Optical Zoom, 5x Hybrid Zoom3 and up to 30x Digital Zoom)+3D Depth Sensing Camera supports Autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (HUAWEI AI Image Stabilization), 7680fps ultra slow motion, 4k HDR+ time-lapse
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D Depth Sensing Camera for 3D Face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Side-touch interaction for dual-sided volume control
- Infrared sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 73.1 x 8.8 /9.5 (Leather) mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge
The HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro comes in Emerald Green, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple and Black, and is priced at 1099 Euros (US$ 1213 / Rs. 86,590 approx.)., while the Mate 30 Pro 5G also comes in Forest Green and Orange are available in vegan leather and is priced at 1199 Euros (US$ 1324 / Rs. 94,470 approx.).
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate 30 RS comes in red and black in premium leather finish, glittering glass band in 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version and similar specs as the Mate 30 Pro 5G. It costs 2095 Euros (US$ 2313 / Rs. 1,65,060 approx.). No word on the availability of these phones yet.