Update: Vivo has confirmed the specifications of the U10 ahead on launch next Tuesday on Amazon.in. This will come in Electric Blue and Thunder Black colors.
Vivo U10 specifications
- 6.35-inch (1544×720 pixels) HD+19.3:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.43 × 76.77 × 8.92mm ; Weight: 190.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Dual-Engine fast charging
Update: September 12, 2019 – The Vivo U10 will launch on September 24th, confirms Amazon.in listing. It also confirms 18W fast charging and says 10-minute charging will offer 4.5hours of usage.
Earlier: Vivo is on a roll. The company launched the Z1x recently, and is gearing up to launch the Y17 Pro, now it has announced that it will launch the U10, the company’s first online-focused phone in the new U-series, after the Z-series in India soon. “vivo is all set to reinforce its presence with the launch of U-series for the price conscious consumer, said the company”
The teaser image shows a waterdrop notch, and the company has confirmed long-lasting battery with support for fast charging and a fast charger in the box. It will feature best-in-class Snapdragon SoC, added the company. Vivo also said that the phone has been developed for millennials using customer insights shared by Amazon.in.
The U10 will be a perfect amalgamation of battery and performance at a budget, said Vivo. We should know more details including the launch date soon. You can click ‘notify me’ option on Amazon.in for updates about the phone.
Regarding the collaboration with Amazon, Nipun Marya, Director Brand Strategy, vivo India said:
We strongly believe in offering innovative and personalised experiences that meet the varied preferences and requirements of our customers across the country. Our association with Amazon.in for our brand-new U-series portfolio will help us cater to the specific needs of our Gen Z customers who want a reliable, responsive and performance- driven smartphone that fits their budget well.
Commenting on the partnership, Nishant Sardana, Category Leader – Mobile Phones, Amazon India said:
Our customer understanding & insights, clubbed with vivo’s technology prowess form the cornerstone of the new U-series. The new U10 will see an enviable blend of technology and price for today’s savvy millennial. With this launch, we continue to build a strong portfolio in the smartphones category, providing customers with a vast selection across price points and an unmatched shopping experience.