Update: July 1, 2019 – Lenovo has confirmed that the phone will be introduced in China on July 4th. It has also confirmed the remaining specifications of the smartphone.
Lenovo Z6 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED HDR10 Display with DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZUI 11
- 24MP rear camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash 8MP Telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom, 5MP depth of field lens
- 16MP front camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 7.79mm thick; Weight: 159g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
Earlier: After the Z6 Pro in April and the Z6 Lite/Youth Edition in May, Lenovo is gearing up to introduce the Z6 smartphone in China next month. Lenovo’s VP Chang Cheng confirmed the name of the smartphone last week, and has been confirming specifications of the smartphone since then. The smartphone will be powered by Snapdragon 730, compared to the 855 on the Z6 Pro and 710 on the Lite. Geekbench listing already confirmed 8GB of RAM.
It has triple rear cameras that includes a 24-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX576 sensor and f/1.8 aperture, effective 1.8um pixel through four-in-one pixel binning, 8MP telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom and up to 8x hybrid zoom, and a 5-megapixel depth sensing lens for portrait shots. There is also a 16-megapixel front camera AI beauty features.
The phone packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging with 15w charger in the box. It weighs 159 grams and is 8mm thick, even with a huge battery. It has a roll cage design, similar to the ThinkPad laptops, features G2+ curved frame and uses ICM process and 10 layers of nano-scale coating creating a 3D dazzling effect on the back.
We should know more details, including the official release date in the coming weeks.