HUAWEI’s HONOR brand just announced the HONOR 20 series — HONOR 20 and HONOR 20 Pro at an event in London, as it had promised. Both the phones feature a 6.26-inch Full HD+ All-View display with 91.7% screen-to-body-ratio, powered by Kirin 980 with Dual NPU and GPU Turbo 3.0. The HONOR 20 Pro also has a Graphene Cooling Sheet technology for 27% better heat dissipation. These feature Side-mounted fingerprint sensor and a 32-megapixel in-screen front camera.
These feature 48-megapixel rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor and 4-in-1 Light Fusion (effective 1.6μm pixels), but the HONOR 20 Pro features f/1.4 aperture lens for the first time in the world that takes 50% more light compared to f/1.8 aperture lens and offers up to 204800 ISO. The HONOR 20 Pro also has 4-axis OIS, in addition to EIS, PDAF, Laser auto focus, 16-megapixel 117-degree Ultra Wide Angle lens, 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 4-axis OIS that offers 3x loss-less zoom, 5x hybrid zoom and there is also 2-megapixel camera for 4cm macro. At the launch the company said that it has scored 111 points on DxO mark, same as OnePlus 7 Pro.
The HONOR 20 with the same 48-megapixel sensor has f/1.8 aperture lens, doesn’t have OIS, but it retains the 16-megapixel 117-degree Ultra Wide Angle lens and 2-megapixel camera for 4cm macro and replaces the telephoto lens with the 2-megapixel one for depth sensing.
Both the phones feature Dynamic Holographic Design that uses 3-layers so it gives a depth effect when the light hits the back at certain angles. The HONOR 20 Pro has a 3D curved glass back. These pack 3750mAh and 4000mAh batteries, respectively with support for 22.5W HONOR SuperCharge fast charging technology offering 50% charge in 30 minutes.
HONOR 20 and HONOR 20 Pro specifications
- 6.26-inch (2340×1080 pixels) FHD+ All-View display, 412 PPI
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage (HONOR 20) / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 2.1 storage (HONOR 20 Pro)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Magic UI 2.1
- Dual SIM
- HONOR 20 Pro – 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.4 aperture, 4-axis OIS, EIS, PDAF, Laser auto focus, 16MP 117-degree Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4-axis OIS, 3x loss-less optical zoom, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for 4cm macro
- HONOR 20 – 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, AIS, 16MP 117-degree Ultra Wide Angle lens, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for 4cm macro, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for depth sensing
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D Portrait Lighting
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- HONOR 20 Pro – Dimensions: 154.6 x 73.97 x 8.44mm; Weight: 182g
- HONOR 20 – Dimensions: 154.25 x 73.97 x 7.87mm; Weight: 174g
- USB Type-C audio, Virtual 9.1 Surround Sound, Dual-microphones, Huawei Histen 6.0
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- HONOR 20 – 3750mAh battery with 22.5W (4.5V-5A) HONOR SuperCharge fast charging
- HONOR 20 Pro – 4000mAh battery with 22.5W (4.5V-5A) HONOR SuperCharge fast charging
The HONOR 20 comes in Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue colors and Icelandic White colors, and is priced at 499 Euros (US$ 556 / Rs. 38,785 approx.). The HONOR 20 Pro comes in Phantom Black and Phantom Blue colors, and is priced at 599 Euros (US$ 668 / Rs. 46,550 approx.). Both these will roll out across Europe and Asia soon. The company already confirmed that the HONOR 20 series will launch in India on June 11th on Flipkart.