After several rumors, Google has started teasing the launch date of its Pixel 3a series, which is expected on May 7th, the first day of Google I/O. “On May 7, meet a new hero,” says the Google Store. It also says “Help is on the way.
On 7 May, something big is coming to the Pixel universe.” The date changes to May 8th for some countries, including India.
Based on the earlier leaks, these are expected to retain rear mounted fingerprint scanner and Active Edge features, but these bring back the 3.5mm audio jack that the Pixel 3 and the 3 XL lacks.
Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL rumored specifications
- Pixel 3a — 5.6-inch (2220×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 440 PPI
- Pixel 3a XL — 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18:9 display, 400 PPI
- Pixel 3a — Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 (2 x 2GHz Kryo 360 + 6 x 1.7GHz Kryo 360) 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 615 GPU
- Pixel 3a XL — Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with dual LED flash
- 8MP wide-angle front camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Active Edge
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (Pixel 3) battery with fast charging
According to the latest rumor, The Pixel 3a is said to be priced at CA$649 (US$ 484 / Rs 33,735 approx.), while the Pixel 3a XL has a price tag of CA$799 (US$596 / Rs. 41,530).