Xiaomi just announced Mi MIX 3, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the Mi MIX series at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display 93.4% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to narrow bottom bezels which is reduced by 4.46mm compared to the Mi MIX 2S. It also has a customized antenna design so the antenna space is reduced by 72%. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 10GB of RAM, has support for Google ARCore and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with support for AI voice assistant as well as a dedicated AI button to launch it.
It has a magnetic slider design with neodymium permanent magnets, making the sliding screen more reliable and functional. You can answer a call, take a selfie, open the shortcuts drawer and do more just by sliding up. You can also personalize the sound of the screen sliding with five different sounds. The company says that the slider will last for 300,000 cycles.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, OIS, Dual Pixel auto focus and a secondary 12-megapixel telephoto lens with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor for AI portraits, has AI scene recognition and loss-less zoom. It has a 24-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, 4-in-1 Super Pixel and secondary 2-megapixel DOF sensor as well as selfie flash. It comes with 4K video recording and 960 fps slow-motion video recording. It also comes with Steady handheld night photography for better low-light images.
The company said that the phone has achieved DxOMark mobile score of 103 points, with an excellent DxOMark Photo score of 108 points and video score of 93 points. It has a ceramic back, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 3200mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ fast charging as well as 10W wireless charging, and comes with the wireless charger in the box. The company said that Mi MIX 3 5G will launch in Q1 2019.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 10GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor, 1.0 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 24MP front-facing camera with Super Pixel low-light tech, Sony IMX576 sensor, secondary 2MP DOF camera, OV02A10 sensor, customized high CRI selfie light
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.89x 74.69x 8.46mm; Weight: 218g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typ)/ 3100mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 comes in Onyx Black, Jade Green, and Sapphire Blue colors, is priced at 3299 yuan (US$ 474 / Rs. 34,800 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3599 yuan (US$ 518 / Rs. 37,965 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 575 / Rs. 42,185 approx.) and the top-end 10GB RAM with 256GB storage ‘The Palace Museum’ Special Edition that comes with 24K gold-coated bronze statue costs 4999 yuan (US$ 719 / Rs. 52,770 approx.). It will go on sale in China from November 1st.