Update 2: Huawei today said that it has postponed the launch event to January 10th.
Update: Huawei has sent out invites for the launch of the Y9 2019 in India on January 7th.
Earlier: Huawei has started teasing the launch of Y9 2019, a new mid-range smartphone on Amazon India. The phone was introduced couple of months back and packs 6.5-inch Full HD+ display with a narrow chin and high screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Kirin 710 SoC, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2, has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information in portrait shots and a 13-megapixel front camera along with a 2-megapixel front camera for portrait selfies, and both have AI photography features.
It has a curved design in 3D arc, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 4000mAh battery.
Huawei Y9 2019 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash,2MP secondary camera
- 13MP front-facing camera, 2MP secondary camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.4×77.1×8.05mm; Weight: 173g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Huawei Y9 2019 comes in Black, Blue and Aurora Purple colors. We should know the price of the phone when it goes official next week.