After certification, Huawei has officially announced the Y9 2019 smartphone. It has a 6.5-inch Full HD+ display with a narrow chin and high screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Kirin 710 SoC with 6GB of RAM, and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2, similar to the Honor 8X but this has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information in portrait shots and a 13-megapixel front camera along with a 2-megapixel front camera for portrait selfies, and both have AI photography features.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock in 0.3 seconds, fingerprint navigation, which helps users manage all the notifications with one key and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Huawei Y9 2019 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash,2MP secondary camera
- 13MP front-facing camera, 2MP secondary camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 162.4×77.1×8.05mm; Weight: 173g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Huawei Y9 2019 comes in Midnight Black, Blue Swarovski and Aurora Purple colors and will go on sale mid-October. Pricing should be available soon. It will launch in China as Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus soon, according to @evleaks.