Yesterday Xiaomi announced that it will introduce a new Mi Play series smartphone on December 24th. Now the company has teased the phone in images that shows a waterdrop notch and dual rear cameras. After all, this is the same phone that got certified by TENAA few days back, and was mistaken as the Redmi 7 series smartphone.
The phone is said to be powered by a Snapdragon SoC. In addition to Black and Blue, a Red colored version has surfaced on TENAA certification site.
Xiaomi Mi Play rumored specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 3GB / 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.76×71.89×7.8mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi Play is expected to come in Blue, Red, Black, White, Rose Gold and more colors. We should know the price when the phone goes official on Monday.