Lenovo today announced S5 Pro GT, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, couple of months after it introduced S5 Pro. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 compared to 636, and other specifications are similar, including a 6.18-inch Full HD+ display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, up to 6GB of RAM, Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 5.0, 20-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 12-megapixel camera with AI portraits and 2x loss-less zoom.
It has a 20-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX476 sensor, 4-in-1 pixel binning tech, as well as a 8-megapixel secondary camera for AI portraits, 3D lighting and Infrared face unlock. It has a unibody metal design, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 3500mAh battery with fast charging.
Lenovo S5 Pro GT specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 113% sRGB, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 10
- 20MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX476 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP secondary camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR face unlock
- Dimensions: 154.5×75.45×7.7mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging
The Lenovo S5 Pro GT comes in Black, Blue and Gold colors, starts at 1198 yuan (US$ 173/ Rs. 12,275 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1298 yuan (US$ 188 / Rs. 13,300 approx.) and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1498 yuan (US$ 217 / Rs. 15,350 approx.). It is available for order today and goes on sale in China from December 24th.