Huawei just announced Nova 4, the company’s latest smartphone in the Nova series in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.3-inch FHD+ curved glass full-screen display with a 4.5mm hole to house the 3.05mm small 25-megapixel front camera, 0.85mm micro-seam earpiece on the edge and has a 86.3% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Kirin 970 SoC with support for GPU Turbo 2.0, packs 8GB of RAM and runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0.1. It has a 48-megapixel rear camera, 16 million super wide-angle lens and a 2-megapixel camera to capture depth information in portrait shots. There is also a version with a 20-megapixel primary camera.
It has 3D hyperboloid glass body with gradiant finish in some versions, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Huawei Nova 4 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2310 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ curved glass display, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0.1.
- Dual SIM
- 48MP (1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor) / 20MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, CAF, EIS, secondary 16MP 117-degree super wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth of field camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 25MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, EIS
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:157×75.1×7.77mm; Weight: 172g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh (typical) / 3650mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Huawei Nova 4 comes in Honey Red, Blue, Black and White colors, is priced at 3099 yuan (US$ 449 / Rs. 32,190 approx.) for the 20MP camera version and the 48MP camera version costs 3399 yuan (US$ 492 / Rs. 35,300 approx.). It will be available for order today and will go on sale from December 27th.