As rumored earlier, Nokia X7 that was introduced in China last month, will be introduced as Nokia 8.1, codenmaed ‘Phoenix’ at an event in Dubai on December 5th, according to marketing materials that have surfaced online. There is no change in specifications, but this will run Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box.
Nokia 8.1 (X7) specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Puredisplay with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixels, OIS, 13MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.8×75.76×7.97mm; Weight: 178g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO Stereo Audio recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3400mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Nokia 8.1 will come in Red, Silver and Blue colors. We should know the global pricing when it goes official next Wednesday.