HMD Global today announced an event in Dubai on December 5th to unveil three new smartphones. It has #expectmore. The company is expected to introduce the most expected Nokia 9, successor of the Nokia 8 and the Nokia 8 Sirocco at the event along with the Nokia 8.1 that will likely be the global version of the Nokia X7 that was introduced in China last month and the Nokia 2.1 Plus, successor of the Nokia 2.1 Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphone that was introduced earlier this year.
Nokia 9 is said to feature 5-camera lens on the back arranged in 1-1-3 formation, one LED flash, an unknown sensor on a circular ring.
It might feature 3D face unlock or go for an in-display fingerprint sensor, pack a 5.9-inch Quad HD OLED screen, Snapdragon 845, up to 8GB of RAM and OZO audio. HMD Global recently acquired ‘PureView’ brand, that Microsoft acquired right after the purchase of Nokia’s Devices and Services business back in the day, so there are chances for PureView to come back with the Nokia 9.
Nokia 8.1 rumored specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Puredisplay with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixels, OIS, 13MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.8×75.76×7.97mm; Weight: 178g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO Stereo Audio recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3400mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging