HMD Global just announced the Nokia X7, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘X series’ in China. It has a 6.18-inch Full HD+ 18.7:9 aspect ratio Puredisplay, DCI-P3 wide color gamut and HDR video playback, 86.5% screen to body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie). It has a 12-megapixel rear camera rear camera with ZEISS optics, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS along with a 13-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and zoom. The camera has AI scene detection to automatically detect 18 scenes.
There is a 20-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture and pixel binding that can combine four pixels to form 1.8μm large pixel. It also has AI beauty and AI portrait Mode, 6 AI studio lights, AI expressions and new dual-view mode. It has a glass back, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and packs a 3500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Nokia X7 specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Puredisplay with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixels, OIS, 13MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.8×75.76×7.97mm; Weight: 178g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO Stereo Audio recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3400mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Nokia X7 comes in Dark Blue, Red, Silver and Midnight Black, is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245 / Rs. 18,100 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 288 / Rs. 21,300 approx.) and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 361 / Rs. 26,625 approx.). It will go on sale in China from October 23rd. This will likely launch globally as Nokia 7.1 Plus, as rumored earlier.