A year after the introduction of the Honor WaterPlay, its first water-resistant tablet with IP67 ratings, the company has launched a 8-inch version of the tablet. It has a 8-inch WUXGA screen, is powered by Kirin 659 SoC and runs on Android 8.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 8.0 on top. It has stereo speakers with Huawei Histen 5.0 3D audio technology and a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
It has a 13-megapixel camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots, 8-megapixel front camera with face unlock, unibody metal design and packs a 5100mAh battery with support for 9V-2A fast charging. It also comes in 4G version with support for voice calling.
Honor WaterPlay 8″ specifications
- 8-inch (1200 x 1920 pixels) WXGA display with 60% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB /128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 5.1
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Huawei Histen 3D audio
- Dimensions: 248 × 173 × 7.8mm; Weight: 465g
- 4G LTE (Optional), WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5100mAh (typical) / 4980mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Honor WaterPlay 8″ comes in Gold and Silver colors, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 217 / Rs. 15,899 approx.) for the 64GB WiFi version, 1899 yuan (US$ 275 / Rs. 20,140 approx.) for the 128GB WiFi version and the 64GB 4G LTE version costs 1799 yuan (US$ 261 / Rs. 19,080 approx.). It is available for order in China and goes on sale from November 6.