Huawei’s Honor brand along with the Honor 7X also announced Honor WaterPlay, its first water-resistant tablet with IP67 ratings. It has a 10.1-inch QXGA screen, is powered by Kirin 659 SoC and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1. It has stereo speakers with Huawei Histen 3D audio technology and harman / kardon audio tech and a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
It has unibody metal design and packs a 6660mAh battery with support for 9V-2A fast charging that lets you charge the tablet fully in 2.5 hours and promises 12.8 hours of video viewing or 9.3 hours of browsing.
Honor WaterPlay specifications
- 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200 pixels) QXGA display with 70% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- 8MP rear camera
- front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 3.5mm audio jack, harman / kardon audio
- Dimensions: 248 × 173 × 7.8mm; Weight: 465g
- 4G LTE (Optional), WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 6660mAh battery with fast charging
The Honor WaterPlay comes in Silver and Champgne Gold colors and is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 303 / Rs. 19,770 approx.) for the Wi-Fi with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage, 2399 yuan (US$ 364 / Rs. 23,730 approx.) for the Wi-Fi version with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage and the LTE version with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage costs 2699 yuan (US$ 410 / Rs. 26,700 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China from October 24th.